late late nights (and shirts!!)
I think we can all agree that Mondays are meant for staying up till 4 am printing shirts and listening to your brother DJ old jazz on the radio. So that’s exactly what we did.
The amazing Gregory Labold (of Band Name and other great projects) was kind enough to lend us a couple screens, as well as the facilities of the yet unnamed screenprinting lab located at Big Mama’s. He set us all up and gave a number of helpful tips, before Tyler, our buddy Hamza, and I got down to printing.
1. Greg showing us what’s what in the stu
2. You should always test print! We were coming up with terrific rhymes for remembering instructions but I forgot all of them.
3. getting started (dig those two screens. Professional)
4. You should always wear an apron with your name taped to it.
5. Tyler, Ham and I picked up steam by 2 am. Drove Peter crazy with our extra-careful extra blow-drying of the orange shirt before printing the black. And that dang orange STILL stuck to the screen! Printed nicely though, I’m still surprised we didn’t hit any major snags along the way. Probably because Marky was playing all our jazz requests on WRTI. Even some Sun Ra!! He’s the dude.
6. Shirt pile!! 4 am, feeling accomplished.
7. Contact Masterprinter Greg Labold for all your screenprinting/ modeling needs. Greg mimicking print. I should have photoshopped in a piano, but you get the idea.
Hop Along shirts again exist!! Hurray!
Can’t wait to play some shows this weekend! DC, Richmond, and Charlotte NC (Treasure Fest!!), see you soon!!!
p.s. Thanks Hamza for taking pictures and helping print!!